Main code for backround

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Works in Progress

So what am I working on right now? Well I recently updated my ravelry stash. I still have a box not cataloged, but I have uploaded right now 130 different types of yarn. Yeah...it's a little out of control. But I had a project in mind for most everything, I swear! So I added a bunch of projects to my queue. Now I just have to knit through all of them! I am actively working on 2 projects right now. One is the new york man scarf. its a free pattern and can be accessed at http://scrumptiousliving.wordpress.com/2007/01/25/free-knitted-scarf-pattern/ So because I have so much yarn, I wanted to use stash yarn. Problem is, I have a "bad" habit of just buying one skein at a time. So I wanted this to be a manly shade of grey or black, but I didn't have enough of one color. I had two similar shades of cascade. One is a heathered grey super wash and one is just a regular grey wool. I used one skein of both and have been alternating every two rows carrying the yarn up the side. I also cast on 38 sts to make the ribbing even on both sides. Here's where I'm at so far.



You can't even tell that they are two different shades of grey. They work together quite well. I'm over half way done so I just need to get moving.

The second thing I'm working on is a variation of the one skein boot warmers I knitted before. I added and changed some things based on what I like. Because I ran out of cream colored yarn and all 3 yarn stores are 45 mins away, I decided to pass the time by using...wait for it...gasp! Acrylic yarn. Yup, I know. I'm using Caron simply soft in a cream color. I figured I could sell them for less on my etsy shop and maybe someone with a wool allergy or tight budget can appreciate them. Pics coming soon! That's all for now. I have some projects planned but we'll have to see how much I can accomplish.



No comments:

Post a Comment