Main code for backround

Friday, November 25, 2011

I'm Thankful for knitting to keep my sanity

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I went to Long island, where I'm from, to be with family. Besides the ridiculous rough start we had and being stuck in traffic for 5 hours, it went well. Now the hubby is driving us back so we can go shopping in Delaware, the land of no tax. First state to ratify the constitution and all. I'm completely appalled by black Friday this year. I can't believe that the money hungry corporations are being so greedy, that they are taking away te spirit of thanksgiving by starting black Friday a day early. Hello! Black FRIDAY! Not thursday night. This is so irritating to me because it's coaxing people to eat and run, almost literally. I'm not religious at all, but I do appreciate that thanksgiving is a time to at least enjoy the company of family and friends. I've never been a big black Friday shopper because I don't like to rush and running store to store in a frenzy to save a dollar doesn't appeal to me. Plus I'm not ready to think about gifts yet. So I'm thankful for the Internet and knitting. Shop, knit shop. It's much easier to me. I feel like thanksgiving was lost because the younger half of my family was like..."cya! I'm off to toys r us for some video games!" thank you America. What else can you ruin?

No comments:

Post a Comment